Holidays include delicious meals; discover our Bali food top 7. Besides the choices of restaurants in luxurious hotels, you can find mouth-watering treats everywhere. Be advised that Balinese cuisine can be quite hot, meaning spicy. The local markets are full of exotic looking seafood, vegetables, spices, and fruit and these are all used to prepare the most delicious and tasty food.
There are plenty of international restaurants, fast food chains, next to local upcoming restaurants with chefs who experiment with their heritage and local produce. Some of the typical local Balinese eateries are great choices. Plenty of them have been visited by famous chefs or stars and their specific dish lavishly complimented.
And then there is the street food. The Balinese eat whenever and wherever; there are no eating times. Rolling kitchens or food carts come around small alley-ways and stop right in front of shops, private residences, and complexes. If you eat from these carts, only choose freshly cooked fare if possible use your own plates; you never know how plates and glasses are washed and dried. Never eat already peeled fruit or desserts from carts; you can get sick (Bali bug) very fast.
We have eaten typical Bali food in a local diner in Sanur that serves delicious Fish Soup.
In the rural area of Tabanan along a lonely street with a view of stunning rice fields you can eat typical Balinese chicken.
And here are some famous restaurants in
Seminyak Motel Mexicola
Visit the old new Restaurant Biku and a
relaxing and entertaining beach club Potato Head.
1. Babi Guling; piglet roasted over fire or a grill, many luxurious and also road side diners claim to serving the best Babi Guling
2. Ayam Betutu; slow cooked chicken with plenty of spices accompanied with rice and several typical side dishes. Kathy ate the best one in Tabanan
3. Sate Lilit; a meat skewer where the meat (typically Tenggiri fish, chicken, pork) is finely minced, mixed with Balinese spices then wrapped around a bamboo skewer or Lemon Grass stem, grilled
4. Bebek Bengil; is crispy fried duck it is also the name of restaurants
5. Nasi Pedas/Campur; for any meal of the day a rice dish with a main protein like chicken and several side dishes like vegetables and others
6. Tipat Contok; is a vegetable and rice cake salad with peanut sauce; in other parts of Indonesia it is called Gado-Gado
7. Rujak Pindang; pieces of tropical sour fruit (not fully ripened) mixed with a spicy peanut sauce
Some of these Bali Food dishes include tropical fruit; read about them below!
Bali Hotel › Bali Food
Aug 21, 19 12:37 AM
Guest feedback: Housekeeping Rating: ★★★★★ Details:: Gak nyesel,pelayanan baik,pemandangannya juga bagus,,the best bgt pokoknya.. Lidia Yulianti Aug 15,2019
Jun 26, 19 12:35 AM
Kami sekeluarga senang menginap di Villa Tunas Alam Mutiara. Ayah saya ex HRD hotel Intercontinental Borobudur. Awal melihat villanya agak sedikit terkejut.
Feb 19, 19 04:38 AM
I am the Mom, Monika Sugiarto, the head of the family and the driving force behind this site.
Receive a GIFT ‘SHORT INTRODUCTION TO BALI, so that you know where you want to spend your precious holiday time and where to book a hotel
For this site; how you like it,
questions and ideas go to bottom of Homepage
Join the discussion on Bali in our travel forum